Campaign – Australian Companies
WHAT YOU CAN DO
If large companies, such as Coles, source sustainable palm oil it will increase the demand for sustainable palm oil and thus reduce the amount of forest destroyed to make room for plantations. We want Coles to make a serious commitment to source sustainable palm oil by 2013 and to incorporate the use of sustainable palm oil into its procurement policy.
- Donate to our new campaign to fund protest stalls outside Aldi stores around Australia.
- Volunteer to host or help at an Action outside Aldi. Contact us for details.
- Contact us to receive protest postcards in support of our Aldi campaign, outlining our demands for Aldi and to show Aldi the public is serious about ending deforestation as a result of palm oil plantations.
1. Write, call or email the MD John Durkan, urging that Coles source sustainable palm oil or remove palm oil from Coles branded products. Furthermore, that Coles require external suppliers to do the same!
2. Contact email@example.com to receive protest postcards to show Coles the public is serious about ending deforestation as a result of palm oil plantations.
Address: 800 Toorak Rd, GLEN IRIS, VIC, 3146
Tel: 1800 455 400
1. Write, call or email Mr Chris Delaney or the public affairs officer, Toni Jones, urging that Arnotts purchase sustainable palm oil or use an alternative sustainable vegetable oil.
2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive protest postcards to show Arnotts the public is serious about ending deforestation as a result of palm oil plantations.
Address: 24 George St, North Strathfield, New South Wales, Australia 2137
Tel:Toni Jones: (02) 8767 7801; Feedback: 1800 24 24 92; Headquaters: (02) 8767 7000
MESSAGE TO COMPANIES
Please stop sourcing unsustainable palm oil to make your products. Palm oil is used in many of your food and cosmetic products. When you buy cheap ‘unsustainable’ palm oil you are:
- supporting the logging and destruction of some of the world’s most ecologically important rainforest
- promoting illegal forest fires that significantly contribute to climate change
- destroying the last remaining habitat for many endangered species, including the orangutan which is currently facing extinction.
You have an opportunity and responsibility to show leadership in palm oil procurement. We ask that you:
- Replace palm oil with alternative sustainable oils where possible
- buy only certified sustainable palm oil that protects forests, preserves livelihoods and safeguards wildlife.