What is Palm Oil?
WHAT IS PALM OIL?
- Palm oil is obtained from the fruit of the African oil palm tree (Elaeis guineensis).
- African Oil palms originated in West Africa, but can flourish wherever heat and rainfall are abundant. The majority of palm oil is grown and produced in Borneo and Sumatra; it is an introduced agricultural crop.
- It is the world’s most widely produced oil, now overtaking soybean oil.
- It is used in many food, cosmetic and hygiene products.
- More information is available for palm-oil-action-brochure.